X® WORKSTM ROAD HAZARD GUARANTEE
Any professional purchasing new tires from the MICHELIN® X® WORKSTM tire lineup in Canada after August 31, 2013 and registering the same tire(s) as described below.
HOW TO BENEFICIATE FROM THE GUARANTEE
Users must register their purchase online at www.xworksguarantee.ca/Registration/.
TIRES COVERED BY THE GUARANTEE
Six months of use or 50% wear of usable tread life, whichever comes first, subject to acceptance of registration by Michelin. Offer valid only in Canada. Purchases made prior to September 1, 2013 date will not be honoured. Only MICHELIN® X® WORKSTM tires are eligible. Offer available on all sizes and profiles of the MICHELIN® X® WORKSTM tire lineup. Offer available at participating Canadian Michelin authorized dealers only.
Acceptance of the Michelin damage cover procedure implies the user agrees to transfer ownership of the damaged tire. The user sends the damaged tire to his/her selected dealer with a copy of his/her detailed invoice. Estimates, work orders or quotations are not acceptable as proof of purchase.
Once the damaged tire(s) has (have) been examined and validated by Michelin (provided that it [they] meet[s] the above-mentioned conditions), a $200 credit will be made to the dealer or directly to your account if you have a national account with Michelin. The customer/user is responsible for any service activities involved in replacing the tire or repairing damage to the vehicle.
DEFINITION OF A ROAD HAZARD
Irreparable accidental damage, which by abrasion, chipping, a cut, puncture, ripping or impact makes the tire unusable.
Any tire which becomes unserviceable due to:
- Incorrect mounting of the tire, tire/wheel imbalance, damaged rim or other abuse.
- Under- or overinflation, improper maintenance and improper use.
- Vehicle mechanical problems such as wheel misalignment, resulting in uneven or rapid wear.
- Accident, fire, chemical corrosion, vandalism, tire alteration.
- Foreign substances used in the tire that may hamper its performance.
- Improper tire retreads and/or repairs.
- Ozone or weather cracking.
- Improper storage.
Michelin reserves the right to terminate this offer at any time.